[TowerTalk] Long UHF Bulkhead Connectors

John Becker johnb3030 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 07:52:48 PDT 2012

There has been discussion recently about the quality of UHF connectors
from manufacturers other than Amphenol. The consensus has been that they
should be avoided.

I'm replacing some feedlines, and was considering using UHF bulkhead
connectors to bring them through the wall. Presently, they just go
through with no connector. The problem is that AFAIK Amphenol only makes
a 2" long UHF bulkhead connector and I would need 6".

These are readily available, but the manufacturer seems to be unknown.
For instance, I've seen them at Dayton from this dealer:

http://www.transeltech.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_19&products_id=151

Any thoughts on this subject? Thanks!

73,

John, K9MM