[TowerTalk] FORCE-12 C-49 STACK ISSUE

k6ye at q.com k6ye at q.com
Wed Apr 11 06:02:03 PDT 2012

To All,

One of my good friends, N4BNM, has encountered a problem in the top C-49R. He has a stack of three: one at 55', one at 95', and the final one at 145'. All are fed through StackMatch. Each antenna is fed with a single coax jumper.

On the top antenna (145'), the SWR is infinity on 15 meters only. The SWR on 20 and ten are fine. (Note well that this antenna has performed fine for several years). Since 15 meters is fed parasitically, it is my opinion that the problem exists on that particular driver. Before that antenna is brought down, are there any thoughts as to any other items that need investigation?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES