[TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 10:49:41 PDT 2012

>  There is no need and it is not recommended by American  Concrete
Institution
(ACI) 318 design specifications for reinforced concrete  to use hooked (J)
anchor rods in tension situations without reducing the  tension capacity
significantly for hooked anchors on account of the crushing  of the concrete
at the bend radius.

    Interesting. I didn't know that. That's probably  why they don't come
like that anymore.

    You should do what UST does and put 2 big nuts on  the concrete end and
voila! - a factory-esque anchor bolt. I don't think you  have to weld them
in place - just tighten them up. They ain't going anywhere.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH