[TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

Jim Hoge knowkode at verizon.net
Sun Apr 15 20:02:03 PDT 2012

Fastenal, www.fastenal.com is a good source for anchor bolts. You can either go to your local store or order online. Online has the stock while the stores may be hit and miss. As for a homebrew baseplate, be very careful. I have seen baseplates bend when they were made from too thin of material or the anchor bolts were too far from the tower legs. I would insist on a professionally designed baseplate assembled by a certified welder. There's a lot of force exerted on the baseplate for a freestanding tower. Compression isn't really the issue but tension is- that's what ruined the baseplates I mentioned.

gl es be safe,
Jim W5QM