[TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 17 06:36:41 PDT 2012

On 4/17/12 1:23 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:

> ##  The tower in the various pix of the  TX-472 only depicts ONE anchor rod
> per corner.  Anchor rods are not like rebar, they have no ribs on em.  Why mess
> with double nuts.  You may as well insert a  single  4 inch square plate between the
> double nuts, then crank em super tight, like 200 ft lbs.   Then no need to weld anything.
> Then you can really put the double nuts to some real use.

I'm not sure why you would need to tighten the nuts that much.  Once
they're cast in concrete, nothing is going anywhere. It's not like the
lower nut is going to magically fall off the end of the bolt.

Maybe when you're vibrating the concrete... I'd feel better by mashing
the threads (like Hank suggested) or using a thread locker if that were
the case.