[TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 13:26:28 PDT 2012

Yes Ian, I agree with you that "common mode current" on a coax outer shield
is a complete misnomer. It doesn't describe what it is "common to".
If it were really common mode current it would have the same current on the
inner conductors as well as on the outer conductor and be in phase.

A better name for what is commonly called "common mode current" on the coax
outer shield would probably be "outer shield current".

73
Gary  K4FMX