[TowerTalk] Array Solution AS-80 tuner

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 24 07:12:13 PDT 2012

I am wondering if anyone is using this tuner. It is meant to be used as a tuner to tune 75/80 and 160 as base loading. I have had this for a while and I'm finally getting around to getting it hooked up. My question is this: I have 5 straight sections of Rohn 25 and one "pointy top" section for around 58 or 59 feet. It is insulated from ground. I know I need to insert a mast in the pointy top section to make it slightly taller. The question is how much taller? Alos is there a problem with running a 12 gauge wire from the top mast part all the way down the tower and hose clamp it to each section to insure that all sections are bonded together? Is there a better choice of wire? Does anyone know what size bolt is needed in those pointy top section so I can clamp my masting in it? Not lazy just don't want to climb more then needed! Thanks

Gregg K9KL