[TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety

Stan Labinsky Jr. wa2puq at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 25 07:46:43 PDT 2012

Gentlepeople:

If I may, I'd like to recommend a product that for me has really worked.
And I'm one who usually takes a bit of convincing.

www.buggspray.com offers a spray, actually several which I find very
effective, does what it says it'll do.

I personally prefer the vanilla scented spray... hey, I like the smell of
vanilla... and they say that black flies seem to not like it... I can live
with that!

They also offer a Permethrin based spray, like the product Permanone which
really smells awful.

Theirs is called "Buggspray Insect Repellent For Ticks", a rather intuitive
name ;-) which has little odor at all.

This is the stuff you treat your clothing with, it's not for direct on-skin
use.  It too works, very well

A hunter friend told me, long ago about the Permethrin based repellents.
Two of his bow hunter friends were out in Westchester county, one with
and one without.
The guy with had absolutely no ticks on his clothing, the other guy without
had to dig a few dug out of his skin... end of case.

The usual disclaimer follows: I just use / like the stuff, I don't sell or
work for them... but might not be a bad idea. ;-)

73, Stan, K2STN, downstate New York... Lyme tick country