[TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Aug 9 17:56:42 PDT 2012

I had a 70' Universal Tower in IL and a 50' one in Aruba
http://www.qrz.com/db/p40a .  In Aruba it held up very well to the elements
compared to my Rohn 55g  tower which severe corrosion and required a lot of
maintenance.  I replaced the factory zinc plated hardware with stainless
steel and I never had any bolt problems or hole elongation.   I erected the
Universal tower at P40A using  a gin pole as I did not have room to walk it
up and installation was easy.  They do wiggle more than a steel tower and
are not as strong so I would definitely purchase one of adequate size for
your antenna.  Carefully look at their specifications and don't overload the
tower.

John KK9A