[TowerTalk] Feedlines: inside or out on tower?

Jim Hoge knowkode at verizon.net
Sun Aug 19 08:10:28 PDT 2012

After reading John's (KK9A, P40A) post regarding tower painting, I have a question for the group. While I would be hard pressed to recall a tower I have worked on that has not had its feedlines and control cables run on the inside of leg, it is obvious from his post that not everyone does so. What is the thinking behind running the cables on the inside or the outside? BTW, I've even seen hardline run on the inside of 45 and 55, glad it wasn't me who had to install it.

73,
Jim W5QM