[TowerTalk] Attic or outside cable run

Ro Grrr rogrrr at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:37:24 EDT 2012

Re: Attic or outside cable run

>How do you "ground" the coax shield at the top of the tower? What do
>you connect it to??
>     ~iain / N6ML

Iain
I was initially wondering that same thing but after you asked, it hit me. Why not use an old piece of RG-8 or something bigger and tie the center conductor to the shield, both at top and bottom of tower and use that as your ground run on the tower. Attach it to your grounding system.
Just my opinion, as I never had any grounds since my tower never was tall enough to worry. Well, I just never worried about it.  Now that I'm planning a 150 footer, it will be significant to me.
73
Roger aka RoGrrr
KC8HZ