[TowerTalk] XM240 Mast Clamp

Dick Dievendorff dieven at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 06:46:27 PST 2012

Double nutting and LockTight assures that the nuts don't wander away from
the bolts. It sounds like you need to increase the friction between  mast
and clamp somehow.  Is the first set of nuts tight enough before you double
nut them?

I'm using an aluminum plate and DX Engineering 3" saddle clamps, and they
have a high-friction saddle.  They've worked well on a home brew 40 meter
W6NL Moxon which is the same order of size as your XM240.

My mast slips in my rotator, however.  I have a spring project there...

73 de Dick, K6KR