[TowerTalk] A tower trolley

hs0zed at csloxinfo.com hs0zed at csloxinfo.com
Wed Feb 8 23:13:06 PST 2012

A tower trolley.

I have a free standing 24m tower and am contemplating a trolley system to aid
raising and lowering antennas and to remove most of the need for climbing. I'm
aware of the Hazer system though this would not work on my tower which tapers
from about 1.5m at the base top around 30cm at the top. What I am thinking about
is more a vertical rail track mounted on one side of the tower.

There are some pictures on the web at http://www.f4azf.com/crbst_24.html who has
done something very similar to what I am thinking of.

I would be interested to hear of anyone who has done this sort of thing and any
ideas as to what to watch out for.

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED