[TowerTalk] ground plates (was DXE Patents)

Ken wa8jxm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:16:31 PST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:29 AM, Mirko S57AD wrote:

> The price

You can take a couple of feet of 1/2" copper water pipe, flatten it with a hammer and drill all the holes you want through it for a lot less money than the DXE stainless steel plate.  In my mind, copper wire to copper ground plate to coax would be better than putting stainless in the middle, but that's why I'm asking.

And if you are really serious about solid connections and/or corrosion, you can solder to the copper. You can't do that with stainless.

Ken WA8JXM