[TowerTalk] ground plates (was DXE Patents)

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Feb 10 09:17:52 PST 2012

I've never understood why people don't just use extension buss bars ...
like the kind that you can buy from Home Depot for adding more ground or
neutral connections to your electric service entrance panel.  The bars
are designed for use with either copper or aluminum, have multiple holes
with set screws included (and therefore the wires don't need spade
lugs), and are relatively inexpensive.  More than one of them can be
connected together or to a plate if desired.

Here's an example:

http://tinyurl.com/7rrc7sw

I've always thought that the DXE radial plate was an example of a lot of
money for form over function, and by requiring screws and spade lugs I
think it is poorly designed anyway.

73,
Dave   AB7E

*