[TowerTalk] Hamband

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:20:05 PST 2012

If you get the download and study it, you'll get a fleeting glimpse of a
Robinson helicopter sitting in the yard.  Andrew is a professional musician
and they went to Nashville and set up a 19 person band, including Bella
Fleck, to record their music.

There's also a video about building the station.

They are obviously well fixed and do things pretty darn well.  I choose to
believe the video is as it seems, shot with a stabilized camera from the
chopper.

This stuff is actually a number of years old.  Something I saw the other day
indicated there might be something new, but I haven't followed up.

BTW, Lissa owns a couple of houses in Aarhus you can rent for a visit.
She's quite willing to chat on email.  There's a website,
http://www.oz5e.com/ and you can get the lowres stuff on youtube.  There are
a number of great songs about ham activity on the CD/download.  It's a
bargain for $10!!

The tower video is great for starting a club meeting!

73,
Wilson
W4BOH