[TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:43:15 PST 2012

Hi TT'ers  HNY   Planning my spring 10 meter tower antenna  5/5 35'-72'  rebuild.  The 3/16 guy wire broken up with 502 insulators   levels 32' 64'   It's in good shape but has rust wash near there attachment points  !   It's been up 22 years in this acid  NE rain a new paint job new feed lines rebuild the rotors .. why not new guy support.   I Was thinking of doing  Phillystran, at least on the top layer. While researching it I stumbled across a product  Sold in the USA by   RL Electronics  in OH. Mastrant guy rope !   http://store.rlham.com/shop/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=mastrant+and+mp&x=5&y=5Any TT'ers  have any experience with this stuff ? Have experience with all the old style  and new  type  Philly stuff and the Fiber-rod.  nonconductive guying material . But this is a new one for me.  Thanks   73's  Wayne W3EA