[TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Jan 4 07:52:44 PST 2012

Grant,

On 1/3/2012 10:05 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
 > I checked my reference text, "Handbook of Fibre Rope Technology" and
 > Dyneema has excessive creep vs Kevlar.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Looks like these Mastrant ropes might be useful for temporary tower
installations at 10% preload but would require constant adjustment in
permanent service.  These ropes might also be interesting for use with
an AB-577 or AB-621 with their temporary nature or for guying 80/160
meter verticals with their relatively low static loads.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV