[TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 11 13:46:34 PST 2012

On 1/11/2012 12:09 PM, Alan NV8A wrote:
> That's the theory, and maybe it's*current*  standard practice, but our
> telephone cable comes in at the opposite end of the house from the
> power, and the cable TV cable comes in at the back of the house.

I had the same issue in Chicago.

> I now have #6 solid copper running around the outside of the house
> connecting them all together.

Right.

  Bottom line -- keeping everything at the same potential is critical,
and you can have as many ground connections as you like, but they MUST
all be bonded together.  That "MUST" is dictated both by the laws of
physics and the law of the land (electrical building codes).

73, Jim K9YC