[TowerTalk] ERC-- Easy Rotor Control troubleshooting

Geoffrey Way wayg at cape-vision.com
Sat Jan 14 08:01:55 PST 2012

Hi TTians,

I bought the nice little ERC German-made rotator interface kit,
and have put it together and installed it in my Ham-IV control
box, but have a wrinkle.

For reasons I don't yet understand, the brake release relay
isn't
doing its job. If I manually press the brake release lever, the
other 2 relays turn the antenna, and it stops on target. The
brake release relay seems to do nothing, even though I hear it
clicking. I double checked that the wires are correctly
connected
to the manual switch leads, and the corresponding buss points
on the kit.

If there is someone who has this unit working correctly, I'd
be interested to get some info on how the brake release
relay behaves in their unit; perhaps I've overlooked something.

-- KA1IOR