[TowerTalk] Old TMC Antenna Parts

John Hensley w5jv at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 10:31:14 PST 2012

  I have the following components to an old TMC wire antenna system and would like   to sell them, preferably as a package.  But I will entertain separate needs and make   up a list if there is enough demand.  I am researching as I have time to put some   kind of value on them.  To a TMC enthusiast, it would seem they would be attractive.   Anyway, if you are interested, contact me and be patient.  I am on "digest mode" and    very busy right now.  My goal is to generate some gas funds for a hamfest trip or two   as well as to get the components where they might be useful and appreciated.  Some   pictures are available and will be sent if requested.
  These parts were part of either two Rhombic antennas or one "V" shape antenna.  I can   send a sample sketch of what an antenna set up would have looked like.
  The question "how much" at this point is an open one.  I don't know yet what is reasonable  to ask.  The stuff might be worthless or it may be worth something.  Your own estimate  is welcome.  I do need two or three 7' Bud IEEE open frame relay racks and would  trade for same.
  One item below (the coax) is probably a pick up only.  All located in   Baton Rouge, Louisiana about 3 miles off the I-10 E/W Interstate.
  Here is what I have:
 (2 ea) TRK-500 TMC Antenna Balun boxes with 50 ohm input/100-200-600 ohm output  (Each TRK-500 has a large RG-164 size female connector and the matching male connector is on it)  (The female plate could be changed and an N style put on it)  one is very nice, the other had a gasket breach and will need to be cleaned up; both need new   weather gaskets)
 (1 ea) Spare balun for above TRK-500
 (2 ea) TER-500 Antenna Dissipators (Terminal end; one used with Rhombic, two with "V" shape)
 (2 ea) 40-50 foot (approx) lengths of Amphenol RG-164 coax, each with one connector on one end      (these could be spliced together using Scotchcast 2130)  RG-164 has an HV rating of 10KV
 (3 ea) 8' (eight foot) "Chance" fiberglass guy insulators; dowel pin knuckle on each end
 (4 ea) 4' (fout foot) "Chance" fiberglass guy ends (unfortunately 2 long 8' units were cut in half)     (these could be used for the Rhombic side pass-throughs
 (2 ea)  There are also two large roller inductors which I haven't figured out whether they went with    this material or not.  6 - 7" diameter, maybe 10 - 12 turns; US Navy class inductor tuners.
  Again, some pictures are available on request (be patient).   Feel free to forward this email to any   other appropriate group.
 Thanks for the read,
 John W5JV