[TowerTalk] Safe to buy 45G with a broken weld or bent rod?

John W xnewyorka at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:01:30 PST 2012

Making a trip today to pick up a used tower, so this question is URGENT.
(Please copy me directly on your reply since I subscribe to the list in Digest form.)

I am pickup up a used 45G tower today.

One 10' section has a broken weld. It is at the bottom of the tower. It is the first bend that the Z-brace makes.
The rod is separated by about 1/4" from the tower leg.

Another section has the first (bottom most) z-brace diagonal pretty noticeably bent.
I'd guess the middle of the rod is out at least 1" maybe 1.5" from where it should be.

Are either of these sections safe to buy or should I pass them up?

Thanks & 73,

John
W2ID