[TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 08:19:28 PST 2012

Hi Roger -
Regarding the 160m quarterwave slopers.  Granted there may only be a few db
F/B ratio with a qws but  wouldn't you rather radiate 3KW than 1.5KW if it
was just for the price of a bit of wire, a couple of insulators and a relay
? I use three half wave slopers on 80m and then use three 160m qws's between
the 80m dipoles as 80m reflectors with a relay box at the top of the tower
to pick one at a time on 160m then a little 160m tuner box bottom of the
tower.  Works great here with the addition of turning the bottom half of the
80m dipoles back to the bottom of the tower, bringing the 80m radiation
angle down from 28 degrees to about 20 degrees.
Gene / W2LU