[TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?

Ken wa8jxm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:35:34 PST 2012

On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Jim Lux wrote:

> No, but you could do it by having a very low loss matching network and a
> physically small radiator.

You are trying to tell me that if I had an excellent matching network, I could use a 2m dipole on 80m and it would be just as effective?

Sorry, I think you are confusing feed and matching losses and ignoring an effective radiator.  There is no way that I will believe that a "physically small radiator with a very low loss matching network" is as effective as a half wave antenna.

Ken WA8JXM