[TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jan 18 21:01:07 PST 2012

Consider this:  when the tower is all the way up, the section
overlap is only 4 feet.  Thus your rotor that "overlaps" 5
feet should not be any worse than just adding another section.
As far as the mast is concerned, we all know that the 5 feet inside the
tower isn't going to be where it bends.  The only argument you have is
that the side force on the rotor will be reduced.  I think this
is why UST makes no provision for doing this.

If there is a flaw in my reasoning, someone chime in...

Rick N6RK