[TowerTalk] Minn State courts and towers

n4zkf towertalk at n4zkf.com
Tue Jul 10 11:31:06 PDT 2012

Someone is in for a rude awakening. It's going to have more than ONE red
light at the top. If it's 450' it's going to have a total of 3 BIG lights
and 6 (two tiers) of L810 (markers-smaller lights) Someone is not telling
them the whole truth there which could backfire.

The FCC is in the process of changing the 7460 due to the migratory birds
getting killed. If they change it that will allow less lights on the
tower. But at the same time a TON of systems will need to be changed out
also costing a lot of money. Let's see who wins outŠ..

I hate to see someone in telecom lie to get something they need and hurt
everyone in the end. I have seen way to many promises broken over the
years in the business just to get some steel up. One carrier used to give
future landlords free phones "for life" if they could plop a tower on
their land. Then turned them off once the lease was signed as it wasn't in
it.

73 Dave n4zkf
e-mail: n4zkf at n4zkf.com
web: http://www.n4zkf.com
AR-Cluster node: 145.05 Mhz. or telnet://dxc.n4zkf.com:23
CC-Cluster node: 145.07 Mhz. or telnet://ccc.n4zkf.com:7373
Packet BBS: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. or telnet://bbs.n4zkf.com:6300
BPQ Node: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. (n4zkf-5)
SEDAN Node: 145.770 Mhz. (n4zkf-7)
N4ZKF/R 147.375 Mhz. Tone 103.5