[TowerTalk] Aggregate concrete for tower foundation?

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 14 18:02:26 PDT 2012

Exposed aggregate is usually just a surface layer of the pretty finish
rocks, applied at just the right time after the surface of the concrete has
started to set.  Wait too long and the rock doesn't hold.  Wait too little
and the rock sinks into the concrete and disappears.  That top 1/4" of
aggregarate shouldn't affect the overall foundation strength.

73,

Steve
N6SJ