[TowerTalk] help with rohn 25g bracket mount

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jul 16 14:37:17 PDT 2012

On 7/16/2012 3:13 PM, k2vi wrote:
> Im going to errect a 38' rohn tower next to my house. The house is brick exterior. Should i drill straight through the brick into the attic then put a 2x6 across or just used 6 anchors made for brick that expand and just lock em in with 3/8 all thread. the bracket will be 15' above ground. The base is not going to be a tilt over so it will be solidly cemented in the ground with a 3' base section. What method should i use. Would apreciate any replies. thanks guys.

By all means anchor to the end of the house, not the brick veneer. If it
is anything like most brick veneer homes it has very little strength and
is mainly cosmetic and weatherproof.  We've had two "brick homes" which
were really a veneer that was only held to the wall by thin metal tabs
that allow for movement between the wall and veneer.  I'm sure there are
some with that experience on Tower Talk.

I'd also seal any holes with Silastic RTV (TM), but consult a building
contractor about the water proofing.

73

Roger (K8RI)