[TowerTalk] Antenna analyzer

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 17 12:28:50 PDT 2012

On 7/17/2012 11:28 AM, K8RI wrote:
> What are the best antenna analyzers for the Ham market?

Roger,

Thanks to a suggestion from W8AEF, I found the VNWA, designed by Tom,
DG8SAQ, and sold fully built by some hams in the UK for about $750,
shipped to the US. I've had mine for a little over a month, and it's a
real winner.  Simultaneously measures S11 and S21, powered from a USB
port.  Tom is a prof at a German university, continues to work on the
software. There's an active Yahoo group.

http://www.sdr-kits.net/VNWA/VNWA_Documentation.html

You want to buy the VNWA 3E with calibration elements. Forget the case
and find something locally.

73, Jim K9YC