[TowerTalk] Antenna analyzer

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 17 17:39:31 PDT 2012

I found the MFJ's useless at a prior QTH which had a 1 MHz BC 50kw line
of sight 2 miles away.  The MFJ detector is energy based and not very
frequency selective so most any nearby transmitter can cause a vague or
no nulls on the meter.

My AIM4170 worked well in the same situation, the traces had similar
small blips as W9AC's N2PK plot. I was measuring both a 40m and 80m
vertical.

Grant KZ1W