[TowerTalk] Mast slipping

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 22 20:43:42 PDT 2012

I'll second the motion that the DX Eng saddle clamps are the way to go.
Lots of surface area of the saddle in contact with the mast and
stainless u-bolts are provided. Use a SS nylock nut backing up the
(provided) regular heavy hex nut.  The only downside is they are only
made in tube sizes, no pipe (IPS) sizes, when last I bought them.  Your
mast to boom plate needs to be thick enough to handle the stress, I use
1/2" thick 6061 T651 x 8" wide x 20" long and that has enough room for
four saddle clamps for a 2.5" boom to three saddle clamps for a 2" or 3"
mast.

Grant KZ1W