[TowerTalk] Mast sliping

KG4LRU at aol.com KG4LRU at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 10:51:51 PDT 2012

When I installed MY DB -36 I noticed the Clamps were SS But really did not
look up to the task of Holding a DB-36   30 ft long boom and 170 lb.  Plus
It was going on my rebuilt TRI-EX Skyneedle  100ft  version . I  looked DX
gineering Super Duty clamps Filled the these our wide and they did the  trick
. Murphy Law is always at play  shortly after  installing   my DB-36 we
clocked 90 MPH winds at my QTH . It did not slip But my chain on the  prop
pitch  did let go the Storm winds spun it several 360 tearing all my  cables up
but did not slip one Bit.  Links below

73
Phil AI4DQ

_http://www.dxengineering.com/search/department/clamps-and-fasteners/product
-line/dx-engineering-super-duty-saddle-clamps?autoview=SKU_