[TowerTalk] Phone Pole as beam support?

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 12:11:32 PDT 2012

when you get the pole get one that is already drilled for mounting cross arms and a top insulator.  then you can use threaded rod or the bolts that utilities use to clamp on the top insulator and arms to clamp on a pipe or some other mount.  you might also look at some of the smaller ring rotors, it should be possible to make your own mounting flanges for them to clamp on a pole. or use one of the rohn sidearm kits or dish mounting kits to attach to the top of it.

some things to look at:
basic bolts and brackets: http://alliedboltinc.com/products/poleline-hardware.aspx
look at some of the side mounts and standoffs: http://www.w9iix.com/mounts.htm
these may give you some ideas: http://www.atlanticsolarpower.com/toughtracsystems/utilitypolemount.html
and google various combinations like "top of telephone pole mounting bracket" for more.

Jul 25, 2012 02:50:34 PM, robrk at nidhog.net wrote:

Go back to 1955 and order the pole mount kit from Telrex.... or finger around the Web and maybe find photos to copy the design. I may have paper catalogs I can scan later.