[TowerTalk] Resistance of Rotor Control Wires (see also CAT5 thread)

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:21:14 PDT 2012

Thanks, Guy.  I also got a private communication that included the
manual (gee, read the manual, who'd have thought?).  The manual
suggests that I'd want 14 gauge wire for the main rotor control and
still 22 or 24 for the reed relays.  It also suggested a rule of thumb
that if I wired two 16 gauge together in parallel, it would be the
equivalent of 13 gauge and (though it doesn't say so) that four 16
gauge together would be (presumably) 10.  So, if I go by the M2
manual, I presume your scheme works provided the sprinkler cable was
in the 20 gauge range.  Neat trick, I'll consider it.

Larry Wo0Z