[TowerTalk] IARU Team Stations

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jul 28 20:18:32 PDT 2012

This is obviously a successful set up, but one thing
that I don't like is that the derrick is rigidly coupled
to the tower.  I tried this years ago and discovered that
if the rope between the tower and derrick has any stretch
in it, you can end up with a lot of strain on the
connection between the pieces.  What I do instead is
have independent pivots for the tower and derrick.
Then the ropes are non critical.

Rick N6RK