[TowerTalk] base insulators

M. Castellano km1r at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 18:06:51 PDT 2012

Years ago I managed to scrounge a few large insulators from the railroad. (they used them either on top of electric cars or for hanging the overheads along the right of way). Seems that if they were chipped, they could/would not use them.  They worked very well, and typically were about 1 foot high by about 8 inches in diameter with heavy steel end plates.

That was years ago, times probably have changed.   Or maybe ask some of the electric utility guys what they do with "removals" from HT lines... worth a shot.

 I have long since gone to shunt fed verticals...

Good DX, epecially on T/B
73,
Mike KM1R / HS0ZAI