[TowerTalk] M2 40M2L Installation

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:29:20 PDT 2012

Beautiful! I'm sure you're really loud on 40 now! Let us know how the 40M2L
compares with the 40m dipole on the SteppIR.

Speaking of that, has the tuning on the dipole changed since you put up the
2-el? When you extend it, does the SWR change on the 40M2L?

I'd also be curious if you're seeing any interaction between the SteppIR and
the 40M2L on 15m or 17m. My 4-el SteppIR is 15 feet below my 2-el Cal-Av and
there's not much interaction on those bands. But I know people who get
interaction on those bands with 8' spacing. How does 12' spacing work?

FWIW, I don't know what tower model you have, but the windload will be
de-rated significantly by the large load you have at the end of the tall
mast. I wouldn't leave the tower up in any significant wind.

73, Dick WC1M