[TowerTalk] Romex for Rotor cable?

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:39:02 PST 2012

  I  have installed  UF 12/2 12/3 for direct burial and use 500 ft rolls of Well pipe as  conduct for all other applications. comes in various size depending on your applications and is Cheap as compared to plastic electrical conduit.  you  then can just use Romex 10,12 or 14 ga wire for my rotor motor control lines.    I have picked up 1000' ft rolls on craig's list for BIG savings.  As for just laying on the ground... BTDT and my experience was not a happy  on many an occasion
I think my critters in my local should be on Wild Kingdom.. nothing safe exposed in the woods or tree lines. Raccoon's, Possums, Groundhogs , Deer and Fox must have an appetite for insulation, linemen's splicing tape and Gray  duck Seal !!!!! and old rubber  trap end cover  for a TA33 and  where they left  acorn remnants in  the it exposed void   YMMV  Wayne W3EA  .