[TowerTalk] Where to get HFTA Software

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 4 09:22:40 PST 2012

On 3/4/12 9:12 AM, Mark Robinson wrote:
> I said or meant to say that the HFTA program is a good idea (in fact I think that it is a great idea) but extracting the data to use the HFTA is difficult to do and is a half baked process.

Yes, yes indeed.. and the fact that the source of the raw terrain data
keeps changing the interface doesn't make it any easier.  Just give me a
simple backend like FTP with a decent naming convention for the tiles.

But no.. we want fancy web point and click interfaces where you can draw
boxes and return customized grids and stuff.

This is why companies can actually stay in business solving that problem
for people.