[TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles

David Aslin david at aslinvc.com
Mon Mar 5 13:09:53 PST 2012

Jim, this will be hugely valuable. As someone else has posted, maybe the
profiles should have data restricted to just sufficient to feed HFTA.
I'll add my congratulations on a great idea and what will be a great
service to this group; and I'll raise you a further congratulations for
working with the SRTM data so non-US based users can enjoy the fun too!

Even with the 90m resolution limitation of SRTM it will be much better
than no guidance or using flat terrain antenna data for obviously hilly
ground; we could always stare at a map and manually interpolate the
profile numbers, I guess.
73
Dave   G3WGN   WJ6O

Message: 1