[TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Mar 5 21:34:58 PST 2012

Since I manually generate my own files I just jump to the next distance
that represents a noticeable difference in height.  HFTA simply assumes
a linear incline/decline between data points so instead of creating data
pairs (distance, terrain height) for fixed increments of distance I
create data pairs for roughly fixed increments of height (although I
generally use finer increments within a few wavelengths of the tower).
I've never hit the 150 data point limit that way so I didn't even know
that it existed.

I assume by "default 4400 meter range" you are referring to some
characteristic of Microdem or equivalent because there is no such
default within HFTA that I am aware of.  I've edited the heck out of
various .pro files (creating some totally imaginary ones) just to see
what effect various terrain features might have and it simply uses them
as if they were real.

73,
Dave  AB7E