[TowerTalk] WARC beam above a tribander FOLLOW UP

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 6 09:38:35 PST 2012

This is a follow up to my post asking for feedback on spacing a WARC beam above a tribander.
First let me thank you guys that have responded with your experience in this.  Your input is very much
appreciated.  To refresh, my query was to find the optimum space to leave between my Force 12 C3 tribander
and a Force 12  2/2 WARC beam mounted higher on the mast to minimize interaction between them.
After learning about actual install results from you guys I called Force 12 and asked for their inout on this.
They said this is a frequent question they receive.  Below is a chart they provided showing a C-19XR and WARC 2/2
at various spacings from 7 feet to 16 feet.  They said I will get similar results with my C3 and the WARC 2/2 because
the C31 is an expanded design of the basic C3.  Take a look at the numbers.  Its interesting to note that at 8 feet spacing
the C31 gain actually goes up by .5 DB on 15 meters !  Their recommended space is 8 feet.  The feedline impedance
stays close to normal and a nice .5db gain on 15mtrs.

Thanks guys for the feedback on this.
Here is the Force 12 Chart

73,
Bob