[TowerTalk] winch adapter

John Ammeter jammeter at cablespeed.com
Mon Mar 12 14:37:40 PDT 2012

I have the TX472 and have been using a Milwaukee Hole Hawg to raise and
lower it for a couple years now.  I replaced the winch with a worm gear
style winch to avoid the potential problem of damaging the brake on the
Fulton Winch.  I raise the tower on low speed and lower it either on low
or high speed...  The drill easily  handles the torque.  I merely hold
the grip in my right hand and the weight of the drill is almost
sufficient to keep it in that position.  If the tower starts to bind I
can easily feel it and let off on the trigger instantly.

John
KE7JA