[TowerTalk] winch adapter

John Hudson jd_hudson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 15:24:42 PDT 2012

I'm thinking about mounting a hoist on the tower and just wanted to know why
you guys who bought the HOLE HOG opted for that instead of mounting a hoist.
The use of the hi torque drill is not an issue but the ease of pushing a
button up or down seems more appealing, especially if the XYL would have to
lower it if I'm gone! A lot of folks use the HD harbor freight hoist but I'm
thinking about the Northern Tools since it states it'll handle more weight
and from my calculations the Harbor Freight would real close to the limit.
I've got a TX-455, 4 Element SteppIR (30/40) 22' chrome molly and will be
adding a Diamond Dual band vertical and a 10 element 2m beam.

I had a 55' Triesto crankup with a Pro-57 and I used a 24v cordless for a
long time but burnt that drill up ;). But the Hitachi 7amp 120v worked well
but it won't budge the TX-455. It's got to be at least 200 pound heavier
than the Triesto

Just wanted some input why others choose what they choose

Thanks

73
John
KO4XJ