[TowerTalk] Dead Yaesu 1000 Rotator

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Mon Mar 12 17:26:24 PDT 2012

On 3/12/2012 4:15 PM, Peter Chamalian wrote:
> Here's a URL to the page where you can get the manual: http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=104&encProdID =60F24E075DF1D12D9CB5AD4A9C0A6855&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
>
> Pete, W1RM

Thanks for the info Peter...

It turns out that pins 1 through 3 are for the 500 ohm position pot.
Pins 4 and 5 are connected to the DC motor. Viewing the connector on the
back of the controller, the top row of pins are numbered 1, 2 and 3 from
left to right. Pins 4, 5 and 6 are on the bottom row. Pin 4 is located
under pin 1 and pin 5 is under pin 2. Pin 6 is not used.

I measured the resistance of the position pot on the rotor cable that
enters the shack and it's within range. However, I'm not seeing the 8 to
9 ohms that's supposed to be on the two DC motor pins which I'm guessing
is normally measured at the rotor itself. The control box puts out 24
VDC (pins 4/5) so it's working OK.

Guess the only thing left to do is check the motor pins at the rotator.

Thanks again

Tony

  -----Original Message----- From: Tony [mailto:dxdx at optonline.net]