[TowerTalk] Replacing K1550 with K2550 on TRX80 raising fixture

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Mar 15 00:40:31 PDT 2012

On 3/14/2012 4:46 PM, Tony wrote:
> All,
>
> I called Fulton and asked if the bolt pattern on their K2550 winch was
> the same as the K1550. The tech said it was close, but not a match. I
> know that more than one member of this reflector has replaced the 1550
> with the 2550 on a  U.S. Tower TX80 raising fixture without modifying
> the mounting plates on either the winch or the fixture so the only thing
> I can think of is that Fulton may have modified the bolt slots on the
> winch at one time. Any ideas?
Not knowing how different they are, I'd set the winch on the mounting
plate, mark the holes, then drill and tap a new set...if there's room.
If not, make an adapter plate out of 1/4 to 1/2" steel or Aluminum with
the original mounting holes off set.   Use large flat head
screws/bolts.  You can off set the tapped holes up, down, right, left,
or at an angle.  IIRC the bolts are half inch so you only need to off
set by 3/4 to 1"

73

Roger (K8RI)