[TowerTalk] Rohn 35 Tower

Dan Cisson n4gnr at windstream.net
Sat Mar 17 06:11:08 PDT 2012

Hey Joe,, this tower was made exclusively for Motorola in the 60's and is
called Rohn HW....
Probally the only place you will find sections will be at a large hamfest.
You may get lucky
and find some somewhere,, but I would bet you will find a sack of hundred
dollar bills first !!
Treat this tower as Rohn 25. HW is 15 inches leg to leg, 45 is 18, and 25 is
12". It certainly is not
even close to Rohn 45. I have put up a good bit of HW thru the years,, guy
it every 30 ft as you
commonly do 25 and it will be stout. As far as a top section, you could
fabricate a bearing plate
and attach to a standard section....Good luck..Dan Cisson,, N4GNR