[TowerTalk] PBS documentary

Andy ai.egrps at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 21:26:40 PDT 2012

> When PBS pulls a show--and they do it all the time--its because they think
> they need to run another show and (often) ask for money. Hence all those
> bizarre  'MY MUSIC' shows with stuff you have to be over 65 and with extra
> money to throw  away. Or one of a 100 'Peter Paul and Mary' specials from 20
> years ago...

I know I may be adding to the speculation, but here goes anyway.
There is some truth to what you wrote, but I seriously doubt PBS pulls
a scheduled show at the last minute to raise money.  The grovel shows
are scheduled months in advance.  They work on a budget, with a year
laid out in advance.  Anyway I generally don't see PBS groveling for
money.  Usually it is its member stations doing that.

It strikes me that something else was the likely reason for pulling
the show.  What that might be, I can only speculate about, so I won't
directly.  Perhaps they just needed more time.  Like SpaceX did.

Andy