[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain ThunderBird

Jim Hargrave w5ifp at gvtc.com
Thu Mar 29 18:02:08 PDT 2012

Mike,

The original manual for my TH-6DX "Thunderbird" shows a copyright in 1965.
That should give you a clue. To my knowledge the only update was the
TH-6DXX,
which had a beefed up center mast to boom mounting.
The TH-7 is the same antenna with an additional driven element to make it
more broad banded.
A kit was offered to convert the TH-6 to a TH-7.

I got mine used in 1982 and it has been a great performer.
I have replaced the trap end caps twice.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP