[TowerTalk] CM choke using Fair-Rite 52 mix

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Thu May 3 08:28:17 PDT 2012

Bob,

Fair-Rite refer to it as a "new" material in the September 2009 copy of
their catalogue. In terms of Initial Permeability it sits between
#31/#43 and #61. I believe it may have been a replacement for their old
Type K material.

It doesn't have sufficient permeability for the bottom end of the HF
range, but looks very useful for 30m thru 10m operation. For example, I
measure Rs>12kOhms at 14MHz for 17 turns of RG58/RG400 on a single
FT240-52; that would be ideal for 20m monoband applications.

73,
Steve G3TXQ